Tuesday, September 7, 2010

War Eagle!

I hope that everyone had a fantastic Labor Day weekend! My favorite part of Labor Day weekend is football! This is the opening weekend for most college football games, and Auburn usually plays at home. We start planning our tailgate in the summer and the countdown begins weeks out.
I love Auburn! The four years I spent here (not to mention all the Saturdays I spent here before that) are some of my best memories. My parents met here and I met my husband here. My uncle and my sister also went to Auburn. Things are different here, everyone is nice to each other and we treat each other like one big family. Here are some pictures from Saturday. Sorry that they are so small, I had to take them off of facebook!

Samford Hall
At noon, the bells play the fight song!

Me with my hubby! Please excuse the plastic orange fence, apparently they are building a giant building right next to our tailgate!

One of my best friends, Lauren. While she didn't go to Auburn, she is a huge fan and she and her husband have season tickets every year. That is just what Auburn does to people!

My family! We love spending almost every Saturday in the fall together in one of our favorite places in the world!

I'll probably be posting more pictures throughout the season. Wait till you see pictures of our tailgate! We have 4 giant tents, we line the ground with astro-turf, we bring a 55" plasma tv to watch all of the days games off of the satellite, and the food is always amazing!

In other news, today is September 7! Do you know what that means? True Prep comes out today! I pre-ordered mine from Amazon and expect it to be at my door when I get home this afternoon! I can't wait to go home and pour a glass of wine before settling in to start reading! I can't wait to get started and see what other people have to say about it tommorow!


Have a great short week and I look forward to seeing you back here tomorrow! Happy Reading!

Xoxo,
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment